Sunday, February 2, 2020

So Much Thankfulness / Poem

Covered from heart to toe in your love's blessings, I have so much to be thankful for -

But this life now seems like a prophecy that has been cast awry and dismantled blindly in the dark.
Even the gods must have followed a plan that was broken, an unrelenting strange quark.
Even the divines in their wisdom missled, must have followed a scripture misread.
Even all of the science, medecine and prayers, diets, drs and devotions did not set aside this foreclosure.

What they did to you and me, I will follow your love to the heavens of white clover -
What they did to you and me, I will uphold our love like a banner that god in compassion will not wish to pass over,
What they did to you and me, I will be with you forever.

I am beset by the coldness of the midnight moon bathing in the warm tears of the heart of my soul,
as you are relocated to the 'up above' like a mystical magnetic North pole.
I am the sacrificial sundancer dancing in the sacred sunshine of your hazy heavenly love,
as my blood and every heartbeat call your name for it is you that I cannot be deprived of.
I am yet grateful to know this, you exist as a free spirit of joy in the eternity.
I am yet grateful to show this, you will see the ascent of my spirit to join thee.

Two paths they set before me, 400 hours every day;
Will my heart in this moment perish in grief or transcend in the infinite way.
I choose to let the transcendance shine because this is the bridge to your presence.
Not so easy as you might think when my heart travails the unmarked causeway in essence,
For although I know the path well, but now storms of memory assail the inner doorway for my grief striken aquiescence.
Yet I will not allow neither grief nor fear to be without you to keep me from your loving,
For I know that you are with me in spirit still, other than this I know nothing.

You are become the sun for me, your warm embrace brings your light and your love,
I am the new moon in this reconfigured life, in your sublime love joyfully awake and looking 'above'.
Your cosmic energy dances into my heart across the lightyears outside of time and of space.
I am so close to you that our happiness will not erase,
I am simultaneously so far from you, that stars shatter in their grief for this unwarranted coup de grace.

Yet here we are together still, just not in the regular way,
What love has made of our hearts nothing will divide, for love has the ultimate say.

.
© TitusL

art co brigitte devaia jost

No comments:

Post a Comment