Thursday, January 16, 2020

Send Me A Sign / Poem

I whisper and mumble every morning, just before the dark-early-dawn breaking
Dear dear love, please send me a sign...
And a blackbird sings, mellifluous, sweet and golden awakening ~

Between the breaths of my breathing and oft in the day 
I call out from my heart - but silently
Beloved beloved, let me hear your voice start...
And a skylark skitters musically across the blue with my soul aching ~

In the twilight of dusk I look to the heavens with a sigh
Oh my love, let me somehow see you I cry..
And a star catches my eye brightly as it sails silvery gentle way up in the high ~

In the depth of tormented sleep I shout suddenly
Dearest Heart - we needed a Miracle!
And you pour your deep flowing love and heart healing ease upon me ~

I often cry out in despair, for how much can I bear
Sweet light of my soul - let us be together..
Whereupon you reach down through dimensions far and wide,
You touch my heart with your divine love and set my anguish aside ~

For all the times between these and those
I give thanks for your love which I will cherish in every possible way
And your love beckons always gentle and true -
Come she says, trust only your heart for our love will flourish forever
& forever starts today ~
.
© TitusL


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful and moving ode to enduring love. I found my husband's love and voice on the land where I live and where we had lived together. I walked each day to the place where his ashes were buried, watched the seasons change, heard the different birds, say winter footprints in the snow. I still wept, but that felt like another expression of love. After 11 years, the love remains and gives me support and strength. Blessings to you in the early times of grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. Love brings an enduring gift of presence for those of us left behind and I believe love will also guide us to a new togetherness with our beloved after we have left this realm. Many blessings to you.

      Delete