Wednesday, January 29, 2020

You've Made A Believer Out Of Me / Poem

'You've made a believer out of me.
Once I was blind but now I can see.'

I had my doubts but you set them free.
I couldn't understand how this could possibly be -

Because once you were here and now you are gone,
But your love in my heart and your presence carries on -

Your wishes guide my choices and your love carries on,
With your energy all around me I can feel your essence carries on -

And your joyful-bright-caring spirit is just over there - carrying on,
And your beautiful garden of flowers and your friends all carry on -

Your sweet written notes that I have gathered around the house carry on,
And your afternoon walks in the fields come rain, shine or snow, carry on too -

And the tears from my heart-soul and memories are right here carrying on,
And so too is the knowing that you are with me all along -

That you are outside the physical world but all around me carrying on,
That this is not madness but spirituality carrying on -

That you are beside-with-near-inside my heart, carries on,
And because that carrying on-ness is you doing the carrying on, 
We carry on xx

'You've made a believer out of me.
Once I was blind but now I can see.'

© TitusL


art co brigitte devaia jost

________________________________________

When I wrote this poem I hadn't realised that the first phrase and rhythm, which presented itself from my unconsciousness, was actually borrowed from a 'CAN' song entitled Believer - a debt of gratitude is owed for that. 
 
I decided to keep the poem as it is however, because it goes on to express a my very personal view of finding Wendy's presence and love beside me and in my life still. 
 
I also favour the almost hymn like qualities of the start that are echoed throughout this poem, which thereby speaks of a spiritual awakening in our ongoing love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment