Monday, January 27, 2020

You Are My Love / Poem

Without you beside me,
I am no longer here nor am I not here,
I have no place in this world anymore now that you are not in it, 
I have no place in the beyond for you have not called me to be with you,
I cannot be hopeful for there is no hope to be found here without you,
Nor can I be glad any more for there is no gladness after the sun has gone without ever coming back,
I cannot dream of you because when you left here the moon of my dreams left with you,
I am not going anywhere for there is nowhere to go to if you will not be there to meet me, to come home to,
I cannot raise up my heart in song for you, as the song falls from my soul like a stone when it sees you are not here and the birds fall from the sky in tears,
Each day, every moment that you are not in it I am lost without you,
I am not in my life anymore,
I cannot cross the divide to be with you and I cannot stay here without you,
I cannot.


But, you can shine your love across the unwalkable way and make my heart come alive again,
You can and you do call the sun to sing and as it rises the birds celebrate your love once more,
You bring the moon back with new dreams that you place on my midnight pillow,
You bestow the hope that does not have a name nor a reason but is hopeful,
You bring the happiness that hides in every moment and you set it free,
You make the garden bloom and all the flowers dance for your smile,
You bring my universe to a halt and then let it leap forward into your joy once again,
You take the iron band off my brow and place there a star of your delight,
You come to me in your silence and you whisper your heart into me,
You have my heart forever,
You are my love

© TitusL

Art co Brigitte Jost


No comments:

Post a Comment