Sunday, January 5, 2020

I Came To This Life To Learn About Love / Poem

I came to this life to learn about love -
to learn how to live in love, with and for love.
After I stopped looking for love, your love found me
and we lived in, with and for love together.
Now you have left this life,
you have followed love beyond this world.
After I stopped crying for love,
I found your love had always been in my heart, now and forever.

In all of the beautiful moments you are always here in my heart;
When the sun shimmers in delight you laugh quietly,
As each silver lined cloud glimmers - you sigh lightly,
And when a swan dives, a swooping hawk flies -
you are looking through my eyes,
In the sweep of the starlings murmuration
and on the breath of the stars,
And in the mountains loom as they play their new tune,
As the late flowers flutter in their wintry winds dancing,
you smile warmly,
You ride on the inside of the chariot of these winds,
delighted and joyful and free,
Under the warm dozy down of the sunset soft you yawn gently,
I hear you laughing as you stomp in the rain splash sploshing,
And we dance in our love together all the way to the moon,
Always glad you came - ever so glad, ever so glad -
More than words could explain.
 This is the nectar of you -

In the sad moments you are here too;
Your love rises to remind me that our love remembered
need not be pain for the loss but the joy in its stead,
You said no to the constant grief, choosing only gratitude for our happiness,
You showed me that the memories which tear the heart open can also uplift it and set our love free -
The loss that rends me in pieces may become a doorway to share this love in new places, to let the love be.
Changing sadness into light,
This is the gift of you -

I will live with your divine love ever within and before me,
Transforming everything into the sacred dance of God's play.
This the love of you -

This is the Love.

© TitusL


art - rainbow by kashaja9

No comments:

Post a Comment