Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Spirit That Is Wendy Was Not Bound / Poem

The spirit that is Wendy was not bound by her body,
She was free then as she is now and took great pleasure in confirming.

The choice that we made together in the face of the despair was to never despair,
But to overflow in our love and to shine brightly.

Now in the absence of her laughter and companionship,
And despite our ongoing affinity my heart aches for her presence.

Yet in every breath I can still almost feel her,
Each glance nearly see her and sometimes do hear her in the air around me dancing.

This new world is astounding as I endeavor to remain in the bright joyful outlook
We made where our love is to be found.

I cannot foretell how soon the path that I'm walking will lead me
More completely to the spirits higher ground,

But outside of science and matter and reason, she is there
And I'm coming each moment around.

I don't seek to get better or recover or carry on with things
Because I'm already so enraptured in this essence divine,

How lucky we have been and are in our life on earth
To have found the sweet joy of the true love profound.

© TitusL

No comments:

Post a Comment